Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Lazy Eater

I absolutely love the bond breastfeeding provides between Brooke and me. I love that it's so good for her and that she depends on me so much. However, I have one major challenge that we have been facing lately. The challenge is that she is SUCH a lazy eater. She'll eat for a few minutes and fall asleep. Then when I try to put her down, she'll wake up hungry. Therefore, our feedings at sleepy times are taking sometimes up to an hour. Do any of you breastfeeding mommies have an advice for me? Maybe there's something very small that I can do that will make a big difference. I am not even talking about cluster feedings here, either. It's not that she's eating an exceptional amount to store up for nighttime. It's obviously a problem related to her falling asleep. Please help! I am open to any suggestions!

In other news... Brooke is almost rolling over. We're at the point now that I'll put her on her tummy and she'll push off with her leg, but she can't quite figure out how to coordinate her hand to help her roll all the way over. Hopefully it won't be much longer until she can pull it together. She gets very frustrated in the midst of it. It's so cute to watch!

Well, that's all for me today. We have a busy, busy day because Wednesdays are always spent running errands and things for church on Wednesday nights. We won't be home until about 7:30 tonight.. Which is just enough time for Brooke's bath before AMERICAN IDOL! I'm SO excited for the finale. Let's go Jordin!

I hope everyone else is doing great! :-)

1 comment:

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

Well...Hudson used to fall asleep too. I would always tickle his feet or take him off and burp him so he would wake up. I'm not sure if there really is a good trick to that. If there is I need to know for the next three children I am planning! We'll see if the Lord's plans coincide with mine! That would be nice!