Friday, May 25, 2007

Scrubbing Days

My mother-in-law, who cleans houses, asked me to clean this house with her once a month. I have always been the weird type that likes to clean anyways, so I figured that it would be a great way to not only get out of the house, but to make 33$ for only working an hour an a half.

When we first got to the house, I was a bit overwhelmed because Brooke was fussing, and of course I was worried about her, but I was also worried about my mother-in-law having to pick up my slack. I had brought Brooke's bouncy seat because she loves it, but she wasn't content to be in it for some reason, so I had to carry her all around this house while I cleaned it. Once I started the vacuum, it knocked her out and I was able to put her down. She loves the vacuum so much. Not sure why! I kept apologizing left and right for going slow and finally my MIL looked at me and said, "Stop! It's my grand baby. Don't you worry about it!" From that point on, I realized that it wasn't a big deal. It all worked out great once I got Brooke to sleep. Over all, it was definitely worth the hard work when it was all said and done. I would do it again!

Today was John's day off, so we went for a nice ride in the country. We love to do that! Then all 3 of us came home and took almost a 2 and half hour nap. We all snuggled up together and it was so nice! Now we're getting ready to go to my sister's house for pizza, wings, and a movie. Should be lots of fun!

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend!! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did an AWESOME job today, and our little Brooke was great to. You were so cute cleaning with one hand and holding her with the other. Your just a wonderful mommy. Thanks again for working with me. Love ya

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

Sounds like you had a great day!! Can't wait to see Brooke tomorrow!! Oh...and you too! :0)