Sunday, May 27, 2007

Fussy Day

Today has been a difficult day with Miss Brooke. She's the kind of baby that would just assume be put down as opposed to being held, but all day today she's just wanted to be held. So not like her! Also, she's a great napper and sleeper all together, but today, she didn't take more than a 10 minute nap. Also, she screams and moans whenever she eats. I'm not sure if all of these problems are stemming from her being so tired from not napping, or if she's coming down with something. Her cousin's been sick, so I've been monitoring her temperature to make sure she doesn't have one, and as of now, she's fever free. She's been a fussing, crying mess all day and I wish I could fix what's bothering her. If this continues, I might take her to the doctor to make sure she's not sick. Poor girl!

Tonight I needed to go to the store to get a few ingredients for a recipe I'm making for a Memorial Day picnic. I just assumed Brooke and John would come with me, but they stayed home. I have to tell you, that 10 minute trip to the grocery store was a great little pick-me-up after my long day. When I came home, John had given her a bath and read her her nighttime story. I walked in to find them watching "Bob the Builder." It was so cute!! As much as I love giving Brooke her bath and taking care of her, few things make me happier than when I see her daddy doing those things. It makes me fall in love with him all over again just knowing how much he adores our daughter.

After waking up at 7 this morning to be at worship practice by 8:15, I then had to juggle feeding Brooke and playing the piano. We went out to lunch, and then I came home to handle a fussy baby by myself until John woke up at 4. Next I made dinner, did some laundry, ran to the store, made lemon cheesecake squares and strawberry pretzel salad, cleaned the kitchen, and vacuumed. Now I'm totally exhausted, covered in puke and baking ingredients, and completely spent. I thought Sundays were supposed to be a day of REST! Lol!

3 comments:

Alison said...

Sounds like you had a busy day! I hope she's not coming down with something! If you see the doctor, give him a little nudge in my direction, ok?!

Hope tomorrow is more restful for you!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you had such a hard day. At least we had fun in the nursery! :) I was telling Greg about it and I was crying because I was laughing so hard. I hope Brooke isn't sick. Poor baby! I'll be praying for you all.

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

Those busy days are exhausting!! I feel for you! I hope Brooke isn't getting sick! There's nothing more pitiful than a sick baby! Hope you have a more restful day tomorrow!