Monday, May 28, 2007

Happy Memorial Day!

Happy Memorial Day everyone! I hope you all shared a nice day with your families and enjoyed the beautiful sunshine!

We went to a picnic with John's side of the family. Brooke was passed from person to person throughout the day and she did really well with it. She's even showed off her beautiful smile for everyone to enjoy and if I must say so myself, she looked SO cute. She was decked out in a festive sun dress with red, white, and blue stars. Adorable! Of course she had her sun bonnet on, also. I took some really cute pictures, but as we all know, I don't know how to post them by myself. Maybe my sister can help me again?? (Thanks in advance Al!)

I agonized about what to make for this picnic. It's weird, but I feel like what I bring is a representation of what kind of wife I am. I always want John to be proud of what his wife makes and I am always worried about us bringing our share. I don't really know why I feel like this... It just makes me feel like a good wife and like I'm doing my job well when I make good food. Maybe it's because my wonderful Jewish family associates food with love? Ha!

Anyways, I ended up making jello pretzel salad, which sounds weird, but it's surprisingly delicious. Everyone loved it and there was NONE left. That made me happy! Then I made lemon cheesecake pie and that got rave reviews too. Needless to say, I was proud of myself and it made me feel so great that people ate my food.

Again, Happy Memorial Day to everyone. I am so thankful for people that give their lives and sacrifice so very much to enable us to live in freedom as Americans!

1 comment:

Alison said...

Of course I will help you upload the pictures! You know though, I am going to have to TEACH you how to do that. You've heard it before -- put a girl's pictures on her blog, she has pictures for one day. Teach a girl how to put pictures on her own blog, she has pictures for a lifetime!

I'm glad you had a great day with your family!