Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Living a Dream

Occasionally I will ask someone how they're doing and in return I'll hear them sarcastically say, "I'm living a dream." Well, I can honestly say that I AM living a dream. I don't know.. It just hit me today how very lucky and blessed I am! Not only do I have an amazing husband who supports me and loves me, but also, I am so, so fortunate to be able to stay home with my beautiful little girl. I feel bad for people that have to send their kids to daycare because I can't imagine missing the wonderful day to day interactions that I have with Brooke.

I just feel really fulfilled now. I didn't feel this type of fulfillment in college or when I worked. I know that the reason I feel this way is because I am in God's will by staying home. Don't get me wrong, it's hard work and it takes SO much effort to work in the home, but I wouldn't change it for anything in the world. All I really need right now to complete the dreams I always had as a kid is a white picket fence, pink tulips in my yard, and more kids (eventually) :-)

My sister and I always dreamed about taking our kids to the park together and having a picnic, and today, that's exactly what we did! We went to Subway and got 2 subs for 5$ (we always have coupons!) and then we sat in the shade on a blanket with the babies. Then we pushed Brooke in the stroller and Nathan got to swing on the baby swings. It was great fun! I can't wait until the babies are older so they can really enjoy the park more.

In other not-so-perfect news, Brooke is still screaming and tensing up while she eats. I thought that she was having gas because it is definitely the sound she makes when she's in pain, but all of the tricks that I usually use to relieve her gas pains are not helping. Like I said in a previous post, maybe her throat hurts from the reflux? I don't really know. I don't think she's sick because she's sleeping through the night and she at least WANTS to eat... even though she whimpers while doing so. Does anybody have any thoughts on this? I'm still guessing!

3 comments:

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

Hmm...that's weird!! Maybe she could still have strep without running a fever. I'm not sure!? You never know.

I am with you...we are truly living the dream :0) Being a mom is the best gift God can give!

Alison said...

Hang in there, Hair. I know it's sometimes difficult to gauge a kid's problems. I am still working on my color-coded kid invention ;)

I had SO much fun with you at the park today. We'll have to lather up the kids in sunscreen, get N a hat, and get out there for a long walk and swing on the swings! Love you!

Anonymous said...

It makes me so happy to see you guys so happy. Being a stay at home mom is one of God's richest blessings! I am so glad that you and your sis live close enough to be able to spend time together,sisters are another gift from God they always know how to make us smile and always have just the right words when we are sad. So I think of all the people that love you and I agree you are very lucky. but I also think of how lucky everyone else is to have someone like you to share their lives with.love ya!

.