Sunday, May 13, 2007

My First Mother's Day As A Mommy

Well today was obviously a very special day for me! It felt so good to actually be a mother on Mother's Day because it is SO special to have the title of "mom." In March of last year I had a miscarriage, and I remember Mother's Day feeling very sad and empty. Little did I know, Brooke was already in my belly then and we just didn't know it. I looked at her this morning and said of prayer of thanks that she is here in my arms, safe and sound. God is so good to me!

Last night I ran out to the movie store for a few minutes and I left Brooke with John for one of the first times. When I came home, he had her all bathed and ready for bed. I walked in the door and they were reading a story together. It was so precious to see him taking such good care of her. Plus it was nice to have a short break for a night!

This morning, John woke me up with a beautiful card (from Brooke, of course) and a wonderful gift. He got me a 90 minute massage! I'm a little bit anxious about leaving Brooke because I've only left her for 20 minutes at time, but I'm going to try to enjoy it. Massages are so relaxing, so I'm VERY excited. I was also happy because John had the day off. He only has Sunday's off every 6 week, so we lucked out.

After church, we had lunch with my parents and then we went over to John's parents house to hang out. Now we're home relaxing and enjoying our precious baby together! We're watching a movie later, which is one of my most favorite things to do.

So overall, I would say that my first Mother's Day was wonderful and I will always look back and remember how special I felt. I hope you all had a great Mother's Day as well!:-)

2 comments:

Alison said...

Happy First Mother's Day!

Your post is so sweet that I got all teary! I say a prayer of thanks for little Miss Brooke, too! She has been the most perfect addition to our family!

You're a fantastic mother. Keep up the good work! Enjoy your night!

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

Oh my that was the sweetest thing John did!!! That was so cute, I wanted to cry! I have a 90 minute massage to use too! We will have to see if it's at the same place! :0) HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY...you are such a great mom! Brooke is one lucky girl :0)