Saturday, May 12, 2007

Here we go!

So the blogging begins! My sister and my mom have been encouraging me to start a blog because I love to write, so here goes nothing!

I truly love being a mother. I am actually nursing my beautiful little girl right now as I type this. She is so peaceful and content as I look down at her and I'm so unbelievably thankful that God entrusted her to ME! It's just amazing. I've decided that being a mom is my most favorite thing ever. As a little girl, you dream about being a mom, and once your dream finally comes true, it's so surreal. I love her little coos and giggles. I love our morning conversations. I love bath time and then story time. I don't love that she throws up and spits up all of the time, but I adore the fact that I am the one who gets to be there to clean her up and make her feel better. There is nothing about being a mother that I don't like. I'm not too incredibly fond of all of the laundry this little creature creates, but it's a small, small price to pay for all of the good stuff:-)

Our day started with a fun morning! Brooke and I went to breakfast with my mom, my sister, and my nephew Nathan. We love our pancakes! It was CRAZY because Nathan is 9 months old and he just loves to yell on the top of his lungs and knock over anything and everything within his reach. Heck, what am I saying? Even if something isn't in his reach, he somehow still manages to get it. HA! And of course, Brooke was fussy so we all passed her around the table a few times. While she was being passed from me to my mom, her tiny little feet almost knocked over my Diet Coke. Thankfully, though, we were somehow spared of that! I'm sure that people who were watching us must have been a bit taken back by the chaos, but it's ok, we love it. The poor waitress had a mess on her hands, but we were exceptionally nice and of course we left a generous tip.

Well, I suppose that this is good for a first blog. Right? Is it? HA! It's gonna have to be! Maybe I'll write more about myself at a later date. As for me, I am off to play with Brooke on her activity mat. She just loves that thing and her smiles and giggles while she's on it just captivate me! Have a great day!!!

1 comment:

Alison said...

What a nice first entry! I'm so glad you started a blog. You'll be happy you did.