Sunday, November 23, 2008

Daddy and Brookie's Sunday Tradition

Ever since John has been on this new shift we have really enjoyed having him around on Sunday mornings to go to Sunday School and church with us! It almost makes this shift worth it!

Anyways, I am on the worship team at church, which means that I have to be there at 8:15 on Sunday mornings. When John didn't come to church I would have to bring Brooke and my dad would watch her while I practiced, but there's a new "ritual" in our house now and it's absolutely precious... John and Brooke use that time to go to McDonald's for pancakes. It's their special thing that they do each week and Brooke seriously talks about it all the time! Last night I said to her, "Hey Brookie, where do you go on Sunday mornings?" She screamed, "Donald's pancakes!!" I said, "Who takes you?" To which she replied, "Daddy take you pancakes." She then started to clap her hands and say, "YAY! B's cited (excited)!" It was the most adorable thing ever!

After worship practice my sister drops me off at McDonald's to meet my little family. When I walk in I see my beautiful daughter and my amazing husband, who is the best daddy, and they're sitting there laughing and talking. It melts my heart to watch the two of them together and sometimes I don't want to interrupt their special one-on-one time because it means so much to both of them. They don't mind if I barge in though:-)

It's the silly things like McDonald's pancakes that mean the world to a toddler. Isn't that special how simple they are and how something so small could mean so much? I hope this Sunday morning tradition continues for the years to come because it is so cute!

No comments: