Monday, November 17, 2008

New Appliances!!!!!!!!

I am so extremely excited! My birthday is December 2Nd and John's is the 9Th, so for a joint birthday/Christmas present for John and me, my parents bought us a beautiful new stove and micro-hood to match. I knew that we would be getting these items eventually, but what I didn't realize is that I would have my new appliances by TOMORROW!!!!!!!!! I can hardly wait!

I am cooking Thanksgiving for 20 people and I had no clue how I would do it in my nasty old oven. It badly needed to be replaced because it was stone-age and it didn't work too well. The worst part about it was that one of the burners was crooked so every time I cooked on it my pans would keep falling off. It was great fun, let me tell ya! Anyways, I think my parents kind of sensed that I needed something reliable and nice for the huge endeavor of cooking Thanksgiving dinner, so they ordered my appliances early. Thanks mom and dad!

We were going to go with stainless steel appliances but I did NOT want to spend the next 15 years of my life cleaning up finger prints, so we ultimately ended up sticking with white appliances. I think that's for the best. Our fridge is white so it won't stick out like a sore thumb this way... Although, we want to get a new fridge in the near future anyways so it wasn't the biggest part of our decision.

Right now I have my microwave on a cart and I'm going to be so happy to have a nice fancy micro-hood so I can get rid of that cart once and for all. I can't wait to see how much nicer my kitchen looks after the new appliances are installed tomorrow!

John's in Buffalo right now watching the Bills/Browns game with his brother and friend from work. They got amazing seats so I'm so excited for him! I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the Bill's win so John doesn't come home broken hearted. Lol! The game starts at 8:30 and it's a 4 hour drive home from Buffalo, so I don't imagine John will be home much before 4 or 5 in the morning. He has to work tomorrow afternoon too so it will be a long couple of days for me as I won't be seeing much of my husband.

Alrighty, I'm off to watch the game. Maybe I'll see John on TV if I'm lucky? Yeah right!

1 comment:

alissa kay said...

yay! new appliances! new stuff is always so great, especially when someone else buys it! hope you're doing well!!!