Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sicko's

These past few days have been a real blast, let me tell ya. Yesterday morning John woke up throwing up with a stomach bug so he was sick and tired all day. Then at about 3:30 yesterday afternoon Brooke also started throwing up... Out of nowhere! It was the weirdest thing. I was literally drenched in Brooke's vomit, but somehow when you're a mom that's not so bad. Crazy. Anyways, she threw up a total of three times but then went to bed at around 8:45, only to sleep through the night. She woke up at 6 this morning, but then laid on my chest until 9:30 and slept soundly. This morning John and Brooke were back to their normal selves. Weird, huh?

Today has been a really good day.... We've managed to get out of the house and keep busy. Brooke, apart from being a little bit sleepy, is doing really well today and has been eating everything in sight. I am so thankful that this bug was a short one because having a baby with a stomach bug is the absolute pits. I don't think I can think of anything worse!

Ya know, it's funny... I obviously hate when Brookie is sick, but it's at these times that I feel like the best mom. I love nursing her back to health and being the one who knows what is best for her. She's also very snuggling and affectionate when she's sick and I love that time when she's so extremely reliant on me to hold her and cuddle with her. Last night we laid on the couch for hours just singing, reading stories, saying prayers, and loving on one another. If only the interruptions for throw up weren't in the middle of all that, it would have been the perfect night!

As for me, I'm feeling VERY sleepy and queasy myself, but I'm determined not to catch this nasty bug. I think (or hope!) that I can will myself into not getting it, but something tells me that I'm very silly for believing that. Lol! I cannot get sick because I have way too many responsibilities (especially on Sundays) to be ill.

I hope all of you stay healthy! I know this bug is circulating. Yucky!

No comments: