Monday, November 10, 2008

My Wishful Thinking Got Me NOWHERE!

That whole concept of "wishing myself to be not sick" really backfired. Not only did I get the dreaded bug, but I also got a worse version of it than John and Brooke. Starting at 5:30 Sunday morning the throwing up started and I threw up at least every other hour until 1 this morning. It was a LIVING nightmare. Ugh!

I just want to say how thankful I am for my family though! First of all, John is the most amazing, attentive husband ever and he takes wonderful care of me. He's the kind of guy who will hold my hair back when I puke and dote all over me to encourage me. He's the BEST! Man, I love him so much:-) Unfortunately, though, John had to go to work yesterday afternoon, which would have left me alone with Brooke. My parents thankfully bailed me out by picking Brooke up before John left and taking amazing care of her. She ended up sleeping over at their house because I was still really sick and John wasn't yet home. She apparently had a blast and slept like a little angel for them. It's always nice to know that there's someone out there who loves your baby almost as much as you do!

I woke up at about 8 this morning and only had some lingering nausea and a whopping headache. I felt like I had been hit by a train, but that's an improvement from yesterday when I felt I would have been better off dead!! Lol! John and I went to pick up my Brookie from my parents which helped me get moving and back into the swing of things. I forced myself into eating a few bites of a sandwich for lunch and that was the key to my recovery. Now I finally have a little bit of energy and feel MUCH better!

Hopefully my family stays nice and healthy for a good, long while. These bugs sure know how to take a toll on people!

2 comments:

rccalyn said...

Yuck! Glad you're feeling better though. NO, I will NOT be going back to work after the baby is born. Absolutely NOT! I'm so excited to be able to stay at home with our girls. I've always said that with Marissa it was still so easy to work as a nanny, but after any more kids, I'd be done. And I will be DONE in the middle of January sometime! Yipee!!! I agree about mornings though...sometimes they just drag so slowly! But I'd much rather have a long slow morning than have to get up to an alarm and go to any job!

Alison said...

Glad you're feeling better! That bug was the worst...especially while pregnant. Ugh.