Friday, November 21, 2008

The Sweet Sound of a Heartbeat

I had my 12-week doctor appointment today and everything went great! I was a little anxious just because of the problems I had in the beginning of the pregnancy, but everything checked out perfectly! I was so nervous that the doctor would have a hard time finding the baby's heartbeat and that I would then panic, but much to my reassurance he found it right away... On the first place he tried, at that!! He or she has a heart rate somewhere in the 160's and hearing it was the most beautiful sound in the world. It never gets old, does it?

In other news, I have a non-sleeping toddler on my hands today. Brooke never gives me any trouble whatsoever about nap time or bedtime, but today, she screamed on and off throughout her nap (after falling asleep after 20 minutes of moaning and fussing) and tonight she screamed for 15 minutes or so before going to sleep. This is so not like her! I'm not quick to blame it on an ear infection or anything because she's not running a fever (and she always runs a high fever with ear infections). She did just get over a little cold though so there's a possibility. I'm going to see how she does tonight and then decide what to do with her in the morning.

The gosh darned furniture man was a no show again today. Isn't that ridiculous? UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!! He told me that he would be by at some point today and he didn't so much as give me a phone call. Who REALLY runs business like that? It's a family run business so it's not like I can go over his head and run to upper management or something because that's HIM. This place has been in business for 30 years and I just don't see how they've managed to be successful with this type of customer service. You bette believe he'll be getting a piece of my mind tomorrow.

Alrighty, only a couple of hours before John comes home. YAY! I'm off to clean up this messy house.

1 comment:

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

Oh that sound is sooooo sweet! I'm so glad everything is going well!! I hope it isn't an ear infection with brooke...I know how awful those darn things are although sometimes Hudson would have one w/o a temperature so you never know. Hard to tell...good luck! :0)