Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I had a wonderful day today! For the first time I hosted my very own Thanksgiving and if I do say so myself, everything turned out great. I have no catastrophes to report. I was the most satisfied with my turkey... It was cooked just perfectly and several people said that it was the most moist turkey they had ever had. Now THAT is a compliment:-) Now that the day is nearing the end, my back is sore, my neck hurts, and my feet are on fire, but that all comes with the territory! It's so worth it.

Despite my exhaustion, I wanted to take a few minutes and say what I'm the most thankful for:

*My wonderful husband who loves and supports me and provides a good living for us so I can stay home with our baby (soon to be babies!!). I can truly say that he is my best friend and I am so thankful to be his wife and to grow with him.

*Brooke! She is just amazing and every day I find something new to love about her. I look at her and my heart melts every single time. Not a day goes by that I'm not thankful to be her mommy!

*Baby #2! I'm 13 weeks along today and even though I don't know much about this baby yet, I'm already in love. I'm thankful that God is entrusting another child into our care. It very humbling.

*Godly parents. I am so lucky to have not only amazing parents, but in-laws too. Both my parents and John's parents have been married for over 25 years, which gives us a great example of marriage, and they also are Godly, faithful people who encourage us in our walk of life. I'm thankful to have so many examples of how to live my life.

*All of my basic needs are met... My beautiful home, food, clothing, cars, gas, money to pay the bills, and money in the bank. These are all material things that God could take away at any point, but I am thankful for His provision in our lives.

*My siblings. Between John's family and mine I have 7 siblings and I am blessed enough to see all of them often. I'm thankful for their friendship and support!

*God didn't just promise us eternal life one day in the future (which in and of itself is incredible), but He promised us an abundant life here on Earth and He equips us with all of the things we need to be prosperous. I'm thankful for the Lord's love and guidance.

I could go on and on about what I'm thankful for! God has so been so good to my family and me and while I like to recognize that on Thanksgiving, I hope to be as thankful all year long!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

No comments: