Thursday, December 4, 2008

Hormone City

Do you ever feel like a complete and total basketcase? Well I do from time-to-time and today was just my day to be a hormonal wreck. My poor husband! He handled my freak outs very well, but it leaves me feeling so insane!

The first instance happened today after lunch when stupid Chipper (I HATE that dog) pulled a wooden spoon out of a pot of Ramen Noodles. I was upset because he made a mess of my freshly cleaned floors from what was on the spoon (that he, by the way, obtained by climbing on my counter) and because he chewed the spoon in half. Normally I would have screamed at the dumb dog and gotten angry, but today I just sat there like a mad woman and cried hysterically. I complained to John that I should never clean or have nice things because the dog won't allow it. John was wonderful! He said, "Honey, calm down! We can buy wooden spoons and we can clean the floor. Settle down!" I replied angrily, "That was NICE wooden spoon." Lol.. Seriously, I freaked out big time over a WOODEN SPOON!

The second instance is a bit more legitimate, in my opinion... I was in a hurry to run some errands before my sister's baby shower tonight so I locked up and ran out the door. I strapped Brooke in her seat, buckled my seatbelt, and when I went to start the car I realized that I locked my keys in the house:-( John was at shift briefing and work and he doesn't get a signal at the office, so I could't even have him bale me out. I sat in the freezing car and bawled because I was just so frustrated and spent at that point, which is a rididculous way to respond, I realize. Thank God for good old dad, though, because he has a key to my house and drove out to let me in as soon as I called him. He even gave me a hug to wipe my tears!

Luckily I pulled myself together and enjoyed the shower! Sometimes I feel like I have no control of my emotions and I just need to snap myself out of being a spaz. I guess it comes with the territory but there's not excuse to be a maniac!

1 comment:

rccalyn said...

Ah yes...Lol. I post on Xanga as well as here, and I just put up a LONG post complaining about my job, etc, and it was HYSTERICALLY over-emotional! I'm not going to post it on here though, because I don't want the family I work for to accidently find it. But I just wanted to let you know you're not alone! I cried for 10 minutes because Marissa accidently bumped me in the nose with a wooden bat - not even very hard!