Monday, December 29, 2008

Poor, Pitiful Brookie:-(

My Brookie has had an interesting day! She woke up this morning at 8:30 (which is about an hour early for her) so I put her on my chest and brought her back to our bed. She rested quietly for about 15 minutes and then she started to throw up. It was just a mucousy throw up because she had nothing in her belly, so thankfully I was able to catch in a napkin that I had on the nightstand. She drifted off peacefully to sleep before she woke up to throw up again at 9:30.

I thought that our day would be a long day of throwing up constantly, but it turned into a far better day than that. She never threw up again! She was really thirsty at about 10 this morning and was also asking to eat. I reluctantly gave her some water and some dry cereal, but she proved to be fine. She has had some diarrhea and a low grade fever of 100, but other than that, she has been really happy and content. We took a long nap in my bed after John went to work and when she woke up she was begging for pizza, of all things. We ended up going to John's parents house, where they ordered pizza upon Brooke's request, and my girl at an ENTIRE piece of extra cheese pizza, apple sauce, and a rice crispy treat. I was leery about giving her much of anything to eat, but she was begging for food and had kept everything down all day so I thought she should whatever sounded good to her.

I had a really enjoyable day with my girl! We hung out in our PJ's and played with all of her new Christmas toys, watched a few "tartoons" while snuggled up in my bed, read lots of books, and cuddled a whole lot. There's nothing more gratifying than caring for someone who needs you so much. I love being a mommy so much and on days like today, I feel like a GREAT mom for some reason.

Anyways, the girl is sleeping soundly and I'm just hoping that tomorrow she's all better. I'm also hoping I don't get sick too. Wish me luck!

No comments: