Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I Hope Brooke is "Fixed!"

Brooke woke up this morning absolutely livid. She was extremely angry and she screamed so hard that she actually started to throw up (thankfully she had nothing in her belly so it was just a tiny bit of mucous). She then laid on my chest for two hours, refusing to move or eat. Finally she looked up at me and said, "Ear hurts, mommy." She had been tugging at her left ear for several days, on top of not sleeping, so I didn't doubt that what she was saying was true!

I took her to the doctor to have her checked out and as it turns out, her left ear (the ear that she's been messing with) was full of wax that was lodged in her ear canal. The doctor had to scrape it out and there was TONS of it. He said that the excess wax likely caused discomfort and some difficulty hearing out of that ear, which would explain the fussing and restlessness. I've had that happen to me before and I know from experience that it caused me to feel kind of dizzy and it hurt like heck. I can identify with the poor girl! Thankfully the doctor took care of her and she was happy for the rest of the day. Hopefully her normal sleeping patterns return soon!

I'm so excited for Deliver Me tonight on The Discovery Healthy Channel. Does anyone else love that show besides me? It's the highlight of my Tuesday night! It's a show about three friends who are OBGYN's and not only does it show you their patients, but you also get to see inside of their personal lives and homes. It's my favorite! Alrighty, off to clean a little before my show...

No comments: