Monday, December 15, 2008

Sleeping Struggles?

I just got back from the most wonderful visit with my new niece and let me say, she is absolutely precious! I can already tell we're going to be buddies:-) Brooke and Nathan did a great job of keeping one another busy tonight so that allowed for some special moments with Jenna. I can't wait to watch her grow!

Now onto something less pleasant... SLEEP. Brooke has been a great sleeper for a long, long time now but recently we're having some issues with her. First of all, she has refused to take a nap for the last 5 days, despite us leaving her in her crib for over an hour. I know she needs her nap still because she's grumpy without it and falls asleep in the car if we go anywhere in the evenings. It's so frustrating for her to be refusing naps! Also, at nighttime, she SCREAMS hysterically if we turn the light in her room off. I've been leaving it on for her and then turning it off after she falls asleep, but something tells me that I should just teach her that sleeping with the lights off is not a big deal. I don't know... Lastly, she's been waking up in the middle of the night saying, "Afraid!" The other night she was up at 2:30, which is totally NOT normal. She sleeps until 9:30 most mornings, which is my saving grace at this point, but I have not idea what her issue is!

I feel so wiped out now because I have this constant awareness in my sleep of Brooke. Do you know what I mean? She hasn't been sleeping well so I'm always expecting to hear her, which doesn't allow me to sleep very soundly. I've also been enjoying an afternoon nap during her nap time for the last couple of months, but I haven't been able to have that over these last couple of days. I'm so exhausted that I could fall asleep right in front of this computer! I hope Brooke reverts back to her old ways QUICKLY!

Alrighty, I'm off to take a nice hot shower and then relax while I wait for John to get home. Let's keep our fingers crossed for a good night's sleep tonight!

No comments: