Thursday, December 11, 2008

Snow Day

The weather here is absolutely AWFUL! We're supposed to get an inch of ice as a base and 9+ inches of snow on top of it, which makes driving pretty much impossible. We woke up this morning to sleet and freezing rain so we didn't dare go out. Then John left for work at 2 this afternoon, so it's been a pretty boring day, to say the least. I'm the type of person that likes to get at out at least once a day and when I don't I start to feel a little bit stir crazy! I didn't even get out of my PJ's today, which only ever happens when I'm deathly ill.

When John left I was really dreading the rest of the day because I was so eager to get out and go somewhere, but Brooke and I ended up really enjoying our time at home! We played with blocks, made dinner, did lots of laundry, changed the sheets on the beds, had a nice long bath, played with dolls, and colored. She refused to take a nap today (after babbling and fussing in her crib for an hour) so I was worried she would be a wreck, but she was in a great mood! She went down to bed about a half hour early to make up for it though.

John has called me from work several times and he keeps telling me how awful the roads are and how many accidents he has had to go take care of. I hate thinking about him out there in the freezing weather but I also hate to think about him driving all over the place. I know it's wrong, but I worry so much about his safety on days like this. I will be VERY relieved when he comes home safely tonight!

Now that my princess is sleeping I think I'm going to try to lay down and get rid of this nasty headache. The second trimester is famous for giving me yucky headaches... But it's for such a great cause:-)

No comments: