Monday, December 1, 2008

Completely Inappropriate

****Update to the rude person who anonymously left me a comment: I don't care if people read my blog... I care if people read my blog and JUDGE me. There's an enormous difference.

To the "anonymous commenter" on my previous post:

1) I do NOT need parental advice from a total stranger. If I knew you and respected you it would be one thing, but really, I never asked for someone I never met to tell me that how I raise my child is wrong.

2) What are you? A stalker? I publish my thoughts and I realize that they're subject to being reviewed, but it's just a little rude for you to read about my life, judge my parental decisions, and then not even tell me who you are.

3) I believe in spanking and the smacking of the hand, yet I am still a loving mother. Nothing YOU tell me will change that. I raise my child according to Biblical principles and I strongly feel that an occasional spanking is necessary. When my husband or I spank our child it is followed by prayer and love and ALWAYS a hug and kiss. And just for the record, I set a good example for my daughter so I don't need you to tell me that I'm not being a good mom by smacking my child's hand. I guess you think you're a better mother than me, but I happen to know that I'm a darn good mother.

Who are people? They think they can just barge into your personal thoughts and tell you how to raise your kids? Get a life.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

amen jillian!! i happen to agree with you on everything you said and i think you are being a wonderful mother. i think that people that comment on blogs of ppl they don't know is really creepy. so glad you had a wonderful thanksgiving!!
by the way, we are gonna try to have a class get together over christmas sometime... would you be interested in the info when it comes out??

Anonymous said...

I never said you were a bad mother. If you don't want people to read your blog then make it private.

Tiff said...

To the Anonymous Poster - Ok, unsolicited advise to a parent is ALWAYS a no no. Especially to a pregnant woman, and especially when you don't even let them know who you are. And she never said that she didn't like people reading her blog, that wasn't the issue. The issue was your judgmental reproach to the way she disciplines her daughter. If you've read all of her blog you would know that her daughter is very well behaved for the exception of a couple "toddler tantrum" days, which are completely normal.

Jillian - I'm sorry for the unsolicited advise. I haven't had to deal with it yet, but know that pregnant women are a prime target, so that's the only thing I'm dreading about really showing. Don't let this ruin your birthday! Have fun today!

alissa kay said...

Jillian,

Wow...rude much? I'm sorry that person upset you so much! That was totally an uncalled for comment. But you did a great job of addressing it! I hope you are feeling well and that you had a great birthday!!

Alissa

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

Okay..that's beyond ridiculous!!!! I wish the anonymous commenter would try to tell me not to spank my child because then maybe i would change my ways(sense the sarcasim)!