Monday, December 8, 2008

Our Amazing Trip to Albany

We just got back a few hours ago from our trip to Albany. We had such a wonderful time, despite missing Brooke so much. It was really a great time for John and me to spend some quality time talking, laughing, and catching up. I'm all for a romantic trip with my husband from time-to-time. I love that guy so much:-)

Anyways, yesterday we checked into the hotel, which was absolutely beautiful. Then we walked all around downtown Albany, where we found a nice place to eat a late lunch/early dinner. After that we still had a couple of hours before the show so we went back to the hotel for a long, relaxing nap. It was heaven!

We saw the Trans-Siberian Orchestra in concert and they were seriously phenomenal! Their music, in and of itself, is breathtaking, but seeing them in concert was insane! They have a light show with all of their songs and it is intriguing. Even John, who is not a music lover like me, was amazed at the performance. If you've never been to see them in concert, you should definitely go! It's crazy because they play typical orchestra songs with electric guitars, drums, electric keyboards, and two insanely amazing violin players. I always thought of the violin as a conservative, tranquil instrument, but the way these people played it was so unique. The whole thing was INCREDIBLE and I was very sad when it was over.

After the show last night we walked back to the hotel (which only took us about two minutes) and ordered some take-out from a local Italian place. It was a lot of fun doing that because we don't generally do stuff like that!

Today we did lots of shopping at two of Albany's enormous malls and then we went to The Cheesecake Factory for lunch. It was our second time at that restaurant and we are in love with that place. HOLY COW! Everyone needs to go there because there's just no place like it. We don't have one right by us so it's such a big treat to be able to go there.

When we got home, we were thrilled to see Brookie and she was semi-interested in seeing us. I've really enjoyed loving on her and playing with her this evening. She's such a precious little girl:-)

Now that we're home I'm sad because our trip is over and I don't have this to look forward to anymore, but I'm really happy over the wonderful time we had. It's nice to get away, but it's always nice to come home, too! Luckily John took off tomorrow, which is his birthday, so tonight we're watching a movie and then spending the whole day together tomorrow. YAY!

Oh, and I have to point out that my sister is due with her second baby today and I was VERY thankful that my niece didn't come yesterday because I would have been sad to miss her birth. Okay, little girl.... Please come out NOW!!

No comments: