Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Adventures of Lamby and Brookie

When we took Brooke to the ER for her sprained ankle they gave her this adorable little stuffed lamb. I wish I had a picture of it that I could post on her, but I just don't have one right now. Darn! Anyways, I had no concept of how attached Brooke would be come to this little stuffed animal, but she's completely hooked to the thing. Here are some Lamby facts for you:

*Brooke must sleep with Lamby 100 percent of the time. She gets VERY upset if we forget to put Lamby in the crib with her. She cuddles with it (or she, whatever) orholds it by the ear. It's really precious to watch!

*Each morning when Brooke wakes up she yells, "Mommy, Lamby hungry. Want oatmeal!" So of course we bring Lamby on downstairs for the breakfast routine and we have to pretend to feed her and everything. Lol! At least she's concerned about her lamb's nourishment!

*Lamby goes everywhere with us.... Church, grocery shopping, car rides, visits to see family members, restaurants, etc... Luckily Brooke can be convinced to leave Lamby in the car sometimes. I don't mind the silly stuffed animal tagging along with us, but I always fear that it will get lost or filthy when we take out and about.

*Yesterday John's parents took Brooke (and Lamby too, of course) to the pumpkin farm. Apparently the whole way there Brooke begged for shoes for Lamby to wear. So after they were done at the pumpkin farm, the went to the dollar store and purchased pink shoes for Lamby. They are such a pain because Brooke likes to take them on and off but it's kind of cute, I must admit!

*I was fixing Brooke's bow for church tonight and Brooke said, "Lamby wants bow!" So guess what I did? I found a way to attach a bow on that silly stuffed animal's head. It looks pretty darn nice, if I do say so myself!

*Brooke has been known to "nurse" Lamby. She sometimes asks me to but I always encourage her to do it instead. :-) Hehe

*Lamby plays with blocks with us. Brooke says, "Lamby want play blocks!" It's hilarious because she will sit there and give the lamb a huge pile of blocks, while only rationing 2 or 3 blocks for me to play with. I've been replaced:-( Lol

*When Brooke wants a treat, she uses Lamby as her "scapegoat" by saying, "Lamby wants treat!" I haven't quite figured out if she truly wants the treat for the stuffed animal or if she's using Lamby as a front to con me in to giving her a treat. Hmmm...

*Lamby has her teeth brushed and hair combed. She's a very refined stuffed animal.

*Whenever Brooke has a sippy cup with milk in it, guess who else has to have a cup? You guessed it! Lamby!!

*Lamby probably gets more hugs and kisses from Brooke than John and I do combined.

I think this attachment to Lamby is absolutely adorable! I know it's just a stuffed animal, but she takes very care of it. Lol! It's really precious watching her obsess over the lamb and I hope that she doesn't grow out of this stage quickly because I'm having a lot of fun observing all of this!!

No comments: