Friday, October 17, 2008

Politically Incorrect

I am so sick of this presidential election campaign!!! I am very patriotic and I advocate voting and being well informed about the candidate I choose, but the constant slandering and debating just starts to get to me after a while.

I have been feeling this way for a while but last night when I heard stupid Barack Obama insult John McCain and the republican party over and over and over and over again, I seriously just wanted to punch him. I found myself wishing that I could immediately find him and his snobby looking wife and trip them or something. UGH! What got me extremely ticked off was when Obama was insulting Rudy Giuliani. Hello Obama! Have you forgotten that he's not even your opponent anymore???? Get a life and talk about something/someone that's actually RELEVANT to this election. What else really got to me is that I heard Obama give the same speech at two different locations... Once at a memorial dinner and once at some rally in VA (or somewhere like that). You would think he could get some more original material? Nah, that's too much to ask.

I just don't understand the hype over Obama, anyways. I'm not sure why girls gawk over him because I think he looks horrendous. I dare say that John McCain is more attractive than him! (Okay, maybe that's stretching it!) I don't think that he has a very charismatic personality and I also think that he gives horrible speeches. Just listening to him seriously makes my skin crawl. Yuck!

Obviously I have more issues with Obama than his appearance or his foolishness... I have BIG issues with what he stands for. The fact that he supports abortion really, really kills me and I dread what will happen to unborn babies in America if he is, in fact, elected. God help us when that day comes. The sanctity of human life is evidently something that's not important to Barack Obama and that's a crying shame. He is also for gay rights, which is another thing that I struggle with. I fear the peril that his standards on homosexuality will inflict on the institution of marriage. Again, God help us. Our country is in turmoil as it is and I seriously can't imagine what will happen if this man with "feel good policies" is elected president. I know that God's hand is on this election and that nothing takes Him by surprise. I'm trying to take peace in that but seeing the country flock to such an ungodly candidate really scares me.

I was really raging over the election yesterday when a Christian girl (who I know through the computer) was ranting and raving about how she wanted to vote for Obama for his good economic policies, among other things. Each person is entitled to vote for whoever they want and I realize that there is not a perfect candidate, but how in the universe can one vote for someone who is pro-choice and pro-gay rights and have that align with your belief in God's word? I just don't get it. Don't we, as Christians, have the moral and spiritual obligation to be "The light of the world" and uphold the values of our Father??? If Christians vote, and vote according to the scriptures, Obama wouldn't have a chance. VOTE Christians. Our country needs you!

I realize that this post may seem rash and I know that it's extremely politically incorrect, but I'm just so sick of God being pushed and pushed farther out of the country that I love. People on the opposite side of the spectrum as me don't hold back their displeasure and I am no longer biting my tongue either!

No comments: