Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I Love My Husband:-)

I just want to take a minute and brag on my wonderful husband. A girl can do that from time to time, right?? Anyways, this is why I am extra appreciative of him today...

This afternoon we were really busy running errands and Brooke fell asleep on the way home... NOT GOOD. I was feeling very sleepy and looking forward to my nap, but I knew that she would wake up as soon as we got home. This is a new phase that she's been going through lately and it's VERY frustrating. Anyways, just as I predicted, she wouldn't go back to sleep and I was so extremely spent so John sent me to bed. Hey, I wasn't going to argue with him! I reluctantly went upstairs (feeling kind of guilty) and I told him to wake me after a half an hour, but of course he didn't listen. I woke up 2 hours later from the most restful, amazing nap that I've had in a long time. It was heaven sent!!

That was incredibly sweet of John and all, but what really made me smile was the amount of fun he and Brookie were having when I woke up. I swear to you... Every single toy that we own (and we have A LOT!) was either on or in use. I don't think I've ever heard so many toys going off at the same time:-) On top of that, the two of them were reading books, wrestling, and laughing hysterically. They enjoy each other when I'm awake too, but sometimes it's nice for them to have a couple of hours of one-on-one time with one another. It was a priceless scene that put a huge smile on my face!

When I tried to join in on all of the action Brooke was NOT having it. It was clear that she and daddy were having far too much fun and I was crashing the party. For the rest of the afternoon she was glued to John's hip and he had to do everything for her. I hate to admit it, but she really is a daddy's girl. I've pretty much known that since the first few hours of her life.

John was so happy that I got a nap and that made me feel good because I tend to beat myself up for taking time for myself. I always try so hard to be "super mom" and in my silly mind, "super mom" certainly doesn't need abundant amounts of rest. Lol

I am so blessed to have such a wonderful and helpful husband. It's like he lives to please me and help me as much as he can. I know I've said it before, but I seriously don't get how single moms do it! My husband is my rock and my number one support system!

Well, John's off tonight so I'm going to enjoy a nice, relaxing movie night with him. Have I mentioned lately that I love that guy??!? :-)

No comments: