Saturday, October 11, 2008

My Insanely Busy, Crazy (but Wonderful) Life

We have been going non-stop this week, it seems. I love to get on here and update but I haven't been able to do that since Tuesday. That's a long time for me! Here's what we have been up to...

*One of John's co-workers had a heart attack on duty last week:-( He's only 34 years old and he has a wife (who's 27) and a 3-year-old little girl. He was transferred to a hospital that's about 2.5 hours from here and his wife is really leaning on the support of the police force so we went up to be with her from Wednesday to Thursday. We had a great, great time with this lady, Lori, and we were truly encouraged by her optimism and enthusiasm. It's going to be a long road for this family, as he's going to be in this hospital for at least several months and a heart transplant is in their future. Wow... I can't even imagine what they must be going through. We felt that the time we spent there meant something, which is always a great feeling.

*We had to rush back on Thursday because John had to testify in court for one of his cases at 3. He didn't end up getting home until a little before 6 but when he got home we grilled some steaks, got ice cream for Brookie, and then watched a movie. It was so nice to have John home and have a "normal" night without being interrupted by the horrible evening shift that he works.

*Last night I went out with a friend from church. She heard that I was really lonely and has been trying very hard to keep me busy, which makes me so extremely happy. It's so nice to have friends and family that care! I didn't end up getting home until 9, which is super late for Brooke. I had TONS of cleaning to do around the house because today I hosted a baby shower for John's aunt and I was trying to prepare for that.

*As I just said, today was the shower. It went really well and John's aunt got a lot of nice stuff so I was happy! I still have a little bit of the aftermath downstairs so I'm going to go get all nice and cleaned up.

Other than being busy, life is wonderful. We're still adjusting to this shift and it continues to be hard, but I have to try to find God's purpose in this. Brooke is doing great and she never ceases to occupy me with silly things she does. I love that baby so much:-)

Alrighty, time to go clean and then iron clothes for church tomorrow. Does the work EVER end?!?!??!?!??!

1 comment:

rccalyn said...

No, we do not have a name. We can NOT agree on ANYTHING! Marissa was the only girl name we could agree on before, and now the only other names we both like start with an "M" and we don't want to have to name any and all future kids with an "M"...it's just a big problem! Lol. I spent all afternoon on a website going through every single name alphabetically and we couldn't agree on any!