Friday, October 3, 2008

Brooke's Odd Obsessions

My baby cracks me up! She goes through these phases where she picks certain things (many of them are seemingly weird things for a toddler) and latches onto them SO tightly that it's impossible to pry her away from them. Here's the current list of thing she's obsessed with....

1. Sweaters/Jackets- Anytime I put a sweater or jacket on her, it's impossible to take it off because she arches her back and refuses to remove it. I'm not sure what it is but she is adamantly opposed to being without her sweater/jacket, even if it's hot. She says, "No sweater off!" Lately I've been avoiding putting them on her at all costs but it was 40 degrees this morning so I kind of had no choice. This one cracks me up!

2. Oatmeal- The first thing I hear in the morning, snack time, and dinner time is "oatmeal." I guess there are worse foods to be addicted to but I happen to think it's an awfully weird food to eat all throughout the day.

3. Brushing her teeth- We're still in the "B's brush" faze. She steps on her step stool near the bathroom sink and brushes her teeth for sometimes 20 minutes. Getting her toothbrush away from her is merely an impossibility but my rule is that it stays at the sink and nowhere else, which she seems to obey. It's hilarious because now she pretends like she's spitting and it's the most funny thing ever.

4. Rosy Cheeks- Otherwise pronounced as "O-zee cheek." It's not even worth me wearing makeup anymore because she loves to "help" me with my makeup and anytime she goes near my cosmetic bag she makes a disastrous mess. I cleaned out an old compact and gave her, along with her own special brush, but it's not good enough for her... She wants the real thing, which of course she can't have. I always pretend to put some of mine on her and she gets a kick out of it, but it doesn't keep her satisfied for long. She also likes when I pretend to put "shadow" on her. Lol! I don't want to teach her that makeup is a necessity and that she needs it to be or feel beautiful so I'm not sure if I'm setting a good tone here. What do you think?

5. Blocks- Yes, we're still hooked on blocks. Our days are pretty much occupied by building towers.

6. Princess Baby- This is her favorite book, by far. All you mommies of princesses out there need to get this book. It's so cute and perfect for any little girl! All throughout the day I hear "Read it, Princess Baby." Brooke says this phase very mechanically so it's wicked cute to hear. I always ask her, "Brooke, where's princess baby?" And she points to herself and says, "Right there!"

Life with Brooke around is certainly busy, but I'm loving this age so, so much. She's at that point now where she says and does the most precious things that I laugh constantly. She definitely fills our days with so much joy!

Speaking of the princess, she's awake from her nap now. I'm off to play with blocks!

No comments: