Saturday, September 22, 2007

Another Exciting Day at the Pumpkin Farm!

We just love to go the pumpkin farm. There are so many cool things to do and see there and it's a great way to get out as a family and enjoy being together. The only disappointing thing about today was that it was HOT. It's not quite the same unless there's that Autumn nip in the air. Oh well, it was still very special!

John's parents came with us today. They were a huge help with Brooke and they enjoyed seeing her reactions to the animals, pumpkins and people. Brooke's grandpa insisted on picking out and buying her a pumpkin so he and Brooke stood near the pumpkins for what seemed like forever. They just had to find the perfect one! Eventually he picked her out a little pumpkin with a curly hair and rosy cheeks drawn on it. Most importantly, the pumpkin had a big, pretty bow. He was very proud! John and I then went and picked ourselves out a pumpkin each. We're going to put our pumpkin "family" on our front steps. How exciting!

I also got my yearly stock of mini pumpkins, gourdes, and decorative corn stalks to put on my table in the entry way. Now that I'm so into taking pictures and posting them on here, I should take a picture of my pretty fall decorations. I just LOVE this time of year and I intend on taking full advantage of the beautiful things that available right now.

Brookie also went on her first hay ride today (also grandpa's idea). She was so cute looking out the wagon at all of the things we were driving by. It was so much fun!

I was very disappointed because when we got to the pumpkin farm we discovered that our camera had NO batteries:-( So sad! We managed to get a few shots from our cell phones. I hope you enjoy them!

Brooke with her grandpa. I don't think grandpa knew we were taking his picture!


Brookie on the hay ride


Oh yes... I also have 2 random things to say that I've been meaning to put in here, but just keep forgetting.

1. Brooke knows how to wave now! She's also very close to clapping her hands.

2. My dad went to Macy's all by himself and picked out 2 of the most beautiful dresses for Brooke. He was so, so proud! Yes, both of her grandpa's are very much in love with their grandbaby.

OK, that's all for now. I'm off to watch a movie with John!

2 comments:

Alison said...

Sounds like you had a GREAT day at the Pumpkin Farm! Let's go when I get back!

I feel badly that I didn't get to see you today before we left. I hope you know that I'll miss you terribly and that I'll be thinking about you ALL THE TIME! Have a wonderful week and I'll see you when I get back. Give Brookie kisses from Auntie Alison!

alissa kay said...

man she sure is a cutie patootie! wow how adorable! i love the pumpkin farm...i miss the fall in new york...hope you're enjoying it! :-)