Thursday, September 6, 2007

Loving the Florida Life

Here we are in beautiful Florida!! Let me just say that it's more amazing that I could have hoped for. It seems like at the turn of every corner there's another new sight to impress me. We have been so, so busy but we're trying to enjoy every second of it.

The day we got here we came back to the house to get situated. When we saw the house we're staying in we were shocked at how nice it was and we couldn't wait to start having fun. The house is in this country club neighborhood with a club house that has an enormous pool, a nature walk trail and a gym. The first thing we did when we got here was go for a long swim. It was so refreshing to cool down from the 95 degree heat! Brookie LOVES the water so she really had a blast. After we got cleaned up, my parent's took us to this cute little seafood restaurant called Phillipi Creek. I had fresh grouper and it was delicious! We had such a fun time and we certainly were stuffed when we left. Once dinner was over we went to a beach called Seista Key. There we walked on the Gulf of Mexico and we put Brooke's feet in the ocean for the first time. She was so precious as she explored the sand. I have pictures of all of these things but of course I don't know how to put them on here.

Yesterday we went to the outlet malls. We got Brooke 2 pairs of PJ's for the Fall, 3 pairs of pants and 4 shirts. I was hoping to be able to find more clothes to stock up her wardrobe, but I found a lot less than anticipated. She has very few clothes for the Fall which really bugs me! After our shopping fun we of course came back and went swimming. We cooked dinner out on the grill. When we were done eating my parents watched Brooke for a few minutes while John and I went for a bike ride around the neighborhood. I hadn't been on a bike since I was a kid so it took me awhile to remember what I was doing! It was great fun once we got going. After dinner we attempted to go back to the ocean for a walk but we got rained out with nasty storms. That was definitely a let down, but we made the best of it by going for ice cream. Food fixes everything:-) In the midst of the storm I managed to drop our camera in a huge puddle of water, which obviously ruined it. My parents graciously went out a bought us a new one today.

Today we spent the day at Nikomis Beach. We took Brooke in the water and she was so silly because she kept trying to lick the salt water off of herself. She's so precious! She and I got out of the water earlier than everyone and she ate underneath the umbrella. We then both took a nap to the sound of the ocean. It was the most restful part of my trip thus far! Tonight we went to a place called Saint Aramands Circle and we looked in these little shops. After we looked around we went for a nice ride and looked at all of the beautiful homes in that area.

I am really frazzled about Brooke's sleeping issues because it seems like all of the work we made at home has been totally reversed. I put her on a matress on the floor the first night we got here. My plan was to let her cry for a moment, but the next thing I knew, there was my baby crawling down the hall. It was hilarious yet frustrating. The whole crying thing doesn't work unless you can confine your baby. The last few nights she has refused to go to bed and she has been up until at least 10 and sometimes as late as 11. What am I going to do? She also hasn't been napping so she's been a bit miserable at times. There's too many things to distract her in this new environment. Oh the frustrations!

Well, I'm going to go get some rest. We have a fun-filled day planned for tomorrow. We're going shopping and then to the beach. For dinner John and I are going on a date to this place called Sharky's, which overlooks the water! I'm so looking forward to it.

No comments: