Thursday, September 13, 2007

Pulling Up

Today I was in the kitchen putting some dishes in the dishwasher so I had the dishwasher door open. Brooke wandered her way into the kitchen and as always, she was very interested in the dishwasher. She started to play with it and examine it. The next thing I knew, I looked over and she was pulling herself up to a standing position!!!!! She fell down and hit her head on the floor but she was so determined to try standing up again that she didn't even spend any time crying. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw my little girl standing there on her own. She's just getting too independent for her mama! I guess I better lower her crib mattress before she masters standing up in her crib.

Tonight I put Brooke in her crib and she moaned for less than 10 minutes and then drifted right off to sleep. I was impressed because I put her in COMPLETELY awake. In fact, she was actually a little hyper so I was thinking it would be a long night. Thankfully I was wrong! She rested on her belly with her head on the mattress and she whimpered for only a few minutes. Before we knew it she was out. Thank goodness! I hope that we get back on track with her sleeping schedules and routines.

My mom, sister and I went shopping on my mom's lunch break today. Holy cow... Boscov's is having probably the best sale that I have ever seen in my life (and I LOVE a great deal). My mom bought both Nathan and Brooke a few outfits for the warm weather next year. Nathan got 3 pairs of shorts and 2 shirts and Brooke got a dress, a skirt, a pair of shorts and shirt all for (drum roll, please) $14.31. We added up the totals of the original prices and if we had bought everything full price we would have spent $176. Can you believe that? They were all Osh Kosh and Carter's too. They're great brands and the clothes are all ADORABLE. Each item came to $1.59 a piece when they were all originally over $20 a piece. You can't afford NOT to get these things! I think I'm going to go scour the racks and look for more things. I cannot pass up a great deal.

Well I'm going to go get ready for bed. John and I are going to try to get into a new show at 10 tonight. It's called Missing Without Trace. Anyone watch it? Hopefully we like it!

No comments: