Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Victory!

When we got back from Florida, I was really discouraged because I thought that Brooke would never go to sleep at a normal hour again. On vacation she wouldn't get to sleep until sometimes 11. When we got home, it was depressing to realize that all of the progress we made with sleep, prior to our trip, was reversed.

After consideration and realizing just how important Brooke going to sleep at decent time was, John and I decided that we would stick with the whole cry-it-out method we had been doing. Again, NO I didn't just let my baby scream for hours. We stood by her side and reassured her. We just didn't pick her up.

Once we finally got back on track, Brooke was going to bed at a normal hour but she would still scream for sometimes up to 20 minutes after we put her down. I began to wonder if she would every understand well enough to not cry at nighttime. However, tonight I put her in her crib and all she did was look around and talk to herself. After about 10 minutes of this, she put herself to sleep without any crying whatsoever! I am so, so, so happy! With no major trips planned in the near future, I think that we can really keep this up.

I guess that I'm so happy about all of this because I actually stuck to something. I tend to be very hot and cold with things... Meaning that I have wonderful, lofty intentions but I rarely stick to my plans like I should. This was something that I felt strongly about and because I actually didn't waver, I had success. I honestly feel like Brooke will benefit greatly from all of this!

I went to Sam's Club with my dad today and I found some amazing deals on baby clothes. I LOVE a bargain! I got Brooke two adorable Carter's outfits for next summer for $2.50 a piece when they were originally $18 a piece. I can't fathom paying full price for things when I can get things for dirt cheap like that. They had racks full of these clothes so I'm thinking that I should go back and get more. Even John was impressed! You other mommy's out there NEED to go to Sam's Club. This time next year you'll be so happy you did!

On another note, I have been applying Brooke's thrush medication 3 times a day religiously. However, it now looks WORSE. It's growing rapidly and it's very close to going down her throat. I'm concerned that if it gets that bad then we won't be able to treat it as easily. I called the doctor last Friday and they said that it takes 10 days to get rid of it so hang in there. However, it's now been 10 days and I just don't get why it won't go away. As of yet I haven't gotten it. Knock on wood! I'm hoping it stays that way!

Well, now that my Brookie's sleeping and I have nothing to do, I'm going to go relax with my husband!

No comments: