Monday, September 24, 2007

Brooke, The Beggar!

Today was a really good day! My sister's out of town and I usually hang out with her and Nathan a lot so I was wondering I would be bored senseless. I figured I would just go to see my mom for lunch at work, but unfortunately all week long she has some training where she has to go about an hour away each day. I was really wondering what I would do with myself and low and behold, my wonderful mother-in-law text messaged me and asked me if I wanted to go grocery shopping with her. We both had a bunch of shopping to do and let me tell ya, going together made for a very fun time. Afterwards she took me out for Chinese food. How nice of her! It was so awesome to spend some time together with just us. It was also so great to be able to talk to her about some things I had on my mind.

As my title says, Brooke has turned into such a beggar for food lately. We can't eat anything without her spazzing about it! I was sitting on the couch eating grapes tonight and she pulled herself up and screamed until I shared. Last night she put her hands and face in John's cereal bowl and made a huge mess. I'll admit that it's a bit frustrating to have to constantly pull her little hands out of my food, but it is rather cute to watch her.

Brooke has such a huge interest in foods (I guess it's the Jew in her??). It's so hilarious because we put our fork in her mouth she thinks she's eating what we have and she gets all happy. She just wants a taste of everything and it's really hard to differentiate between what's safe and healthy for her and what's not. Baby food doesn't seem to interest her that much, but we're pressing on with that. I can't go straight from breast milk only to table foods.

I went out today and bought her some Puffs. They dissolve in her mouth quite nicely so I don't have to worry about her choking. I break them into much smaller pieces for her and she loves them. I've also been giving her tiny pieces of raisins, grapes and bananas. I'm trying to make healthy choices for her!

Well, speaking of Brooke, she's screaming now. I'm going to go feed her and put her down for the night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is so much fun to see how excited Brooke gets over food! Maybe she will be satisfied with her puffs! It was lots of fun shopping it made a chore I so dread fun. Thank you!