Monday, September 3, 2007

Mission Accomplished!

I am elated to report that Brookie went to bed last night WITHOUT CRYING! I put her in her crib around 8:30 and she looked around for a few minutes and then fell quickly asleep. We didn't hear another peep from her for the rest of the night. It looks like we've made some progress. Man, it feels great!

There is a mystery in our house, though. I never recall waking up to get Brooke out of her crib in the middle of the night, yet somehow I wake up every morning to her lying next to me. My nursing bra is always unhooked so I know that nursed her, but still, how did she get there? John honest to goodness told me that he hasn't been getting her either. I believe him because obviously he wouldn't know how to get her to nurse. Lol! I have two theories on this mystery. 1, maybe it's so late into the night that I'm in a such a deep sleep that I don't even realize that I'm getting up. Or 2, maybe I sleep walk and just go get her for no apparent reason? I have no idea, but this is really bugging me because I want to know what time she's waking up in the middle of the night so I can see if she is sleeping for longer stretches in her crib. I don't really know what to do! Maybe I'll just video tape it. Now that would be funny!

I said yesterday that I had to take Brooke's poop to the lab, but she has no poop to bring. She hasn't gone since Thursday so I know that it should be coming any time. The lab closes at 3 today because of the holiday, so unless she poops by 2:30 I won't be able to take it in. Poop Brookie, poop! I've never wanted a dirty diaper this bad in my life. Alison offered to take it in for me tomorrow if she goes tonight, but I really feel bad having her cart my baby's feces to the hospital. What are sisters for, right? I would so do it for Nathan:-) I suppose that I could wait until I get back from vacation to take care of this. Who knows how it will all work out!

My dad will have his laptop in Florida so I might be able to take a few minutes to blog about my day everyday. If I don't get on here, it will probably be because I'm basking in the hot Florida sun, eating fresh seafood, or shopping til I drop. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!! *Oh, by the way, Alissa, I'll be in Athens, Florida which is near Sarasota. We're flying into Tampa though. Is that near your school?

Ok, I'm off to finish the laundry, vacuuming, and mopping. Hopefully I'll be going to lab here soon, but if not, I suppose it will give me more time to work around the house.

I hope everyone has a great week. I will miss reading your blogs!

2 comments:

alissa kay said...

yeah i always fly into the tampa airport...it is about 15 minutes from school. If you go over a huge bridge (Rt.60 Courtney Campbell Causeway), as soon as you get off the bridge, look to your right and that should be my school. I hope you have a fantastic time!!!

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

Great news about the sleeping thing!! I just knew it would work with some time! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!! I definitely know how hard it is but what an accomplishment once you get the hang of it. It's pure bliss! :0) I hope you have a great time in Florida! We will surely miss you! Let me know how Brookie does with the plane thing...I'm kind of nervous about taking Hudson to Disney in May of 2008 b/c the plane ride. Let me know!