Sunday, September 2, 2007

Peas for the Sweet Pea

Brooke moved on from green beans to peas this afternoon. Because she wasn't too incredibly crazy over the green beans, I was almost sure that she wouldn't like the peas. I started her with a small bite full and she kept opening her mouth for more! I pretty much give her as much as she wants (because doesn't over-eat and I nurse her right before giving her solids) and I ended up giving her almost the whole entire container. I was completely shocked! I'm so happy that she likes her peas. It's precious to watch her eat them because she kicks her feet and smiles every time I give her more. What a silly girl!

Last night, as far as sleeping goes, was a great night. Brooke fussed for less than 10 minutes! She didn't really even scream at all. I was so happy that things went well for us. The night before really had me worried. Alison gave us this little star thing that plays either lullabies, classic music, or nature sounds and it projects stars and moons on the ceiling. I think that the music had a big role in our success last night. Brookie has always loved music so I think that helped soothe her.

I did a totally un-Jillianish thing today. I packed for our trip with one day to spare! I am a HUGE procrastinator. For instance, I am so bad that when I was in school they would give us projects that we were supposed to work on for a whole semester and I would do them the night before they were due. Anyways, back to the packing, Brooke's stuff is 100 percent ready to go and John and I just have to throw in our last minute things like cell phone chargers, tooth brushes, toiletries, etc.. I am SO excited!

Tomorrow I have a crazy day ahead of me. I have to do a deep clean of our house because our realtor's doing some showing's while we we're away and then she's having an open house. I can't just leave our house in mediocre condition. It has to be ship shape! I also have to run some errands. The main thing I need to do is take a sample of Brooke's poop the the lab. How fun is that??? Lol! I don't mind doing it but it's just another thing to add to my list. I also have to make my Jello Pretzel salad for a picnic we're going to tomorrow night. Everybody loves that stuff that I make but I HATE making it. Maybe I'll mess it up so nobody asks me to make it again? HAHA! Lastly, after to the picnic we have to rush home and get some rest because we have to get up at 3:30 the next morning to catch our plane. I hate getting up that early but it's definitely for a good cause!

Well I was delaying Brooke's bath time but she just threw up everywhere so bath time it is. I hope every one's having a great weekend:-)

No comments: