Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I'm A Chronic Over-Cooker!

Brookie's been napping since 4 (it's now 5:30) and John won't be home until 6 so I thought I would take this time to get dinner taken care of. I'm sitting here flabbergasted over the amount of food I just managed to make for only 2 people. Let's see... we have 5 apple stuffed pork chops (with extra apple stuffing on the side), a heaping pot of mashed potatoes, broccoli, and a sweet apple glaze to go over the pork chops. Everyone in my family has plans tonight so I can't even invite anyone to eat all of this food. This really stinks because the majority of it will go to waste. Why do I do this???? Ha!

I just got done cleaning out the refrigerator too. I threw away Mexican stuffed shells, manicotti, pork stir fry, chili, and ribs. Hmmm Jillian, could it be that you make WAY too much food every single night for dinner? I told John the other day that when we have a couple of kids sitting around the dinner table with us I will have no need to increase the amount of food I make because I go crazy overboard now. I would like for just one night to know what it feels like to not throw a ton of food away. We are horrible at eating leftovers too, which really does NOT help my cause here.

Think of all of the people in Africa who are starving just because I throw away meal after meal after meal every night. Perhaps I should be a bit more mindful of unfortunate people like that and not waste all of our food.

OK, John's home.... It's time to eat all of the piles of food that I just made.

No comments: