Friday, September 28, 2007

My Ring Tragedy

I am so disappointed because I went to the jewelry store to get my engagement ring and wedding band polished and one of my diamonds on the ring setting is chipped. John purchased a warranty when he bought my ring which would have ordinarily covered the damage I did. HOWEVER (isn't there always a "however" with me??), the warranty plan states that you have to have your ring inspected by a jeweler every 6 months in order for any damage to be paid for. Now, all of you that know me know that I did not get the ring inspected regularly. Therefore, you guessed it, we have to pay for the broken diamond. Bummer! Needless to say, John wasn't too impressed with me because it could have all been FREE had I been responsible with it in the first place. The worst part to me is that my rings now have to be sent away for 2 whole weeks. Now I look like an unwed mother. No fun:-(

My little girl is just growing up TOO quick for me. She has blossomed within this last week even. She's learning to do new things every day and she's become so strong. Let me update you on my girl:

~ She now waves upon request unless she just doesn't feel like it (Hmmm.. I wonder where she gets that from???).

~ She can clap her hands. She claps them anytime we clap ours and any time she gets excited. TOO cute!

~ Not only can she pull herself up on anything imaginable, but she can now walk while holding onto things. She goes from one end of the couch to the other and it's so weird to see this tiny person do that. Do I have an early walker on my hands?? YIKES!

~ She now crawls on her knees more than her belly.

~ She now has a nap schedule. She wakes up around 8 and then has a morning bath and a snack. Then she goes down for and hour and a half to 2 hours. Then at 2 she goes back down for another hour and a half. This has taken some huge effort on my part but we finally did it!

~ She goes to bed completely by herself. I nurse her and put her down awake and off to dreamland she goes.

~ She can crawl up the stairs. This one scares me. I can never take my eyes off of her for even a second anymore.

~ She talks up a storm (like her mama). She says "dada," "mama," "oohh," and many other precious little "words."

Ok, well I'm off to watch a movie with my man. He had today off and he has tomorrow of also. I love our movie nights!

No comments: