Friday, October 12, 2007

Brooke's First Word

I am pleased and excited to announce that Brooke has officially learned her first word!!! The word is "duck." I was slow to say that she actually knew a word because she says "mama" and "dada" all the time, and she has no clue what those words mean. They're just little things that come out when she babbles. However, "duck" is just different. She has a rubber police duck that she is in love with and whenever I give it to her she says "duck, duck, duck." She also bathes in a BIG duck tub that quacks and every morning when I run her bath she stands at the tub and says "duck" over and over again. She can also identify a duck in a book! What a smart little girl I have!

I can't believe that I have a baby old enough to say her first word. Isn't that crazy? I still think of her as that tiny newborn who was so lethargic and quiet but now I have this vibrant baby with a personality. She's so full of life and excitement that I can't help but be filled with joy every time I look at her. What a gift from God!

Well, as much as I love to blog, my puzzle is calling my name. I've been staying up wicked late every night working on it. I'm telling you, it's my fetish. I can't take my mind off of it! Lol! Off to go satisfy my puzzle craving...

No comments: