Wednesday, October 24, 2007

My Latest Business Venture

I had all of these Similac rebate checks hanging around. After Brooke was born I received a bunch of them and I threw them away, not knowing that I could sell them or give them away to someone. Even after throwing some away I still had 50 dollars worth of them! I also had 2 free containers of Similac sitting on top of my fridge collecting dust. I've never used formula, nor do I plan on using it, so I decided to sell all of these Similac things on Ebay.

John's brother's really into Ebay so he showed me the ropes and taught me how to put my coupons up for an auction. Last Wednesday we put them online to be a part of a one week auction. We started the bid at only 99 cents and all week I got discouraged thinking that I would make too much. People were looking at my coupons and asking question about them, but nobody mas bidding. My brother-in-law told me that people usually bid within the last hours of the auctions because there's not much point in bidding early into it.

We came home at around 7:30 tonight, just 2 hours before the auction was supposed to close, and my coupons were selling for $33. I was happy with that because afterall, I got those stupid checks for FREE. I would have been totally satisfied with that. However, within the last 5 or so minutes, these 2 people had a bidding war and the final price that the winning bidder has to pay me is 44 bucks!!!! Can you believe it? I made 44 dollars sitting behind a computer doing absolutely nothing. This Ebay stuff is fantastic!

Now that I know how simple Ebay can be, I'm scowering our house looking for things to sell. John has years and year and years worth of Sports Illustrated Magazines and he wants to get rid of them so I think I'll try to put a dent in those. It's amazing the crap that people will spend money on. I'm really excited because this is a way I can fill my time after Brooke goes to bed and John goes to work. How perfect for a stay-at-home-mom??? I'm going to put all of my earnings in my Christmas cup and use it to buy all of John's presents...That way he doesn't have to actually pay for his own presents. How very exciting!

Well, I'm off to go look at all of the crap around my house and see what I can get rid of... :-)

No comments: