Sunday, October 7, 2007

Testing New Waters

I know I've said this before, but Brooke is seriously into everything imaginable. The last few days she seems to have really upped the anty. Now instead of staring at the cupboards and appliances curiously, she can open them too. YIKES!

One of Brooke's favorite things to do is get into the dishwasher. Whenever I put it down to load or unload it she immediately stops whatever she's doing and comes rushing over to play with it. Whenever I pull the bottom rack out she pulls out all of the silverware and then proceeds to try to reach for the plates. If I don't pull the bottom rack out, she will literally climb on the door of the dishwasher and try to do whatever it takes to reach for the item she has her little eye on. If I pull her away she freaks out. Something about that dishwasher is so entertaining to her! Lol! This new discovery of hers sure makes doing the dishes a much more time consuming event for me.

Brooke has also been mastering climbing up the stairs. Our house is AWFUL for a baby who likes stairs because we have tons of steps. When you walk into our mudroom, we have 3 steps leading to the kitchen. The kitchen goes right into our living room where there's 2 steps that take you up on a landing. The landing either takes you down to our office or upstairs. When you get upstairs there are MORE stairs. There's a tiny little hallway and Brooke's room and the bathroom are on one level and then our bedroom is up 2 more steps. I don't mind it for me because it gives the house a unique little flare, but when you have a baby it gets so complicated! There is virtually nowhere in our house where I can put Brooke without having to watch her every second. She climbs up the stairs quickly and she can climb a whole staircase if you let her. Therefore I spend most of my day sitting behind a baby on the stair case. Lol! I don't want to put gates up because our house is small enough as it is and I'm thinking that it would just box us in more. We'll see!

Brooke is also into the refrigerator and cupboards. You mama's of mobile babies know exactly what I'm talking about. You're all probably laughing at me too because I bet you can picture exactly what I'm going through.

Man, motherhood is awesome! I just love it. All these new things that Brooke is doing make me so happy and they keep me so entertained. What a great life:-)

No comments: