Monday, October 1, 2007

My Sleepy Little Family

John and Brooke have both been sleeping since around 8. It's now 9:30. John's waking up at 10 to go to work and Brooke's out for the night. I have to confess that I'm lonely. This dark, quiet house is not a good way to replace the nights that were once filled with laughter and alone time for John and me. It WILL get better. I just keep telling myself that. Pretty soon John's body will be all adjusted and he won't need this nighttime nap. It didn't help that John had to get up at 1 this afternoon to be at court by 2:30, which only allowed him to get 5 hours of sleep during the day.

We had our intern pastor, Peter, and his wife, Holly, over for dinner tonight. We had a really nice time! I made garlic lemon marinated turkey breasts, mashed potatoes with gravy, and veggies. For dessert I made a coffee cake filled with a cream cheese mixture. I HATE to bake but I can't have company and not make them dessert. Isn't that a crime?? Lol! Anyways, I found the new recipe in my new cookbook that my ma-in-law got me. It wasn't hard at all to make and it turned out amazing. I was so proud because everyone loved it. Peter and Holly even took some home with them! I just love to be a hostess and entertain people because it makes me so happy inside:-)

I called Brooke's doctor today to see if I should continue the Nystatin for her thrush. We were supposed to use it for 10 days but it's been 3 weeks now and her mouth has shown no improvement. They put her on Diflucan and they said that the thrush should now go away quickly. Why didn't they do that in the first place??

Brooke tried Yo-Baby yogurt today. I thought it was made my Yoplait but it's made by Stonyville, which is a company that makes all organic, natural foods. Anyways, she LOVED it. She at more than half of the 4 ounce carton of it and I was completely shocked! I'm going to start giving it to her for breakfast. I got her the yogurt that has raspberries, pears, and cereal all pureed in it. It's also made with whole milk and it has no added sugars. I'm so happy that she likes something that is so good for her!

Well, it's almost 10. Time to go wake my sleepy husband up and send him out the door.

No comments: