Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Loving the Simple Life

My mother-in-law just bought me some really nice muffin pans. I used to make muffins in cupcake pans, but now that I have these huge muffin pans, they come out looking like their from a real bakery or something. She also got me muffin mixes to go along with my new fancy shmansy pans. I would like to learn how to make some homemade muffins eventually, but because I don't bake, a mix is good for now! She always fills hers with cream cheese and powdered sugar so I did the same thing. I made 6 blueberry muffins and 6 chocolate chocolate chip. They're in the oven now and boy do they smell good! I can't wait to sample them!

I finished my puzzle last night!!!! Does it mean that you're a total loser if you finish a 1000 piece puzzle in 4 days?? Lol! I think it's pretty obvious that I'm a little addicted to puzzles. I'm so sad that it's finished and I am finding myself bored after Brookie goes to bed now.

As I was typing this blog entry I was thinking about how much simple things make me happy. Honestly, I don't need a lot of things in my life to excite me. I have my baby, my wonderful husband, an amazing extended family, and all of my needs are being met. Having all of these great things in my life makes things like muffin pans and finishing a puzzle just added bonuses. I truly hope that I am always satisfied and pleasured by the small things in life. Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the things that we DON'T have that we miss out on the things we DO have. Make sense??

OK, well John has tomorrow off so now it's movie time. I'm going to go pop my muffins out of the oven, get a nice warm blanket, and curl up next to my man and watch our movie. Life is amazing!

No comments: