Thursday, October 25, 2007

I Got My Old Brookie Back!

This time yesterday I was feeling very frustrated over Brooke's sleeping issues and the fact that she had no desire to nurse. I honestly thought that I would have to wean her much earlier than anticipated and that made me sad.

Last night, however, things took an amazing turn for the better! Brooke went down at 7:30 and didn't wake up until 3 in the morning. We're not quite back to her sleeping til 4-5, but we'll take it! Even though 3 is early, she still slept 7.5 hours in her crib without so much as a whimper. She then went back to sleep until 9 the next morning, when she woke up extremely, extremely HUNGRY! Yay... She WANTED to nurse. She cried to nurse. We enjoyed nursing again!!!!! I was so relieved. She didn't even bite me near as much today. Thank goodness for that!

All throughout the day today Brooke has been starving. We've been nursing an awful lot and that makes me so very happy. It was nice to feel like she still depended on me for something. I'm wondering if over the last couple of days she's had a little tummy bug that's been causing her to not eat or sleep well. I don't know... But I do know that she's back to herself and I'll take it!

Brooke's been standing completely unassisted lately. Though she's been doing that for about 2-3 weeks, now she's so much more fluent at it and she can stand for extended periods of time. What impresses me the most is that she can go to a squatting position and then pull herself completely back up to standing all on her own. WOW! She can't go from sitting to standing without pulling up on something just yet. I'm guessing it won't be long though. She's so precious when she stands there by herself. She usually likes to clap her hands when she's standing and it just melts my heart to watch her. It's crazy to see this tiny little 8-month-old standing in the middle of the room. Craziness. This kid is too much!

How soon after cruising and standing did your baby's walk, ladies? I'm honestly thinking that the walking is in our very immediate future. YIKES! I'm not quite prepared to have a walking baby. She's into everything as it is and she hasn't quite figured out how to use those legs just yet. Hopefully she'll be merciful on her mama and wait a few months. My husband and I both walked between 9 and 10 months (or something like that) so if she's anything like us (which I hope she's not) we'll be in for trouble soon.

Ya know, I'm really enjoying Brooke's age right now. She's so independent and determined. I love watching her play and experience the things around her for the first time. It's just such a rewarding, amazing, phenomenal thing to be her mommy. Oh my goodness, it's just the best.

Well, John's off to work and the baby's been out for ages now. It's time for ME to relax. I think I'm going to go watch some T.V. and wait for John to call me.

No comments: