Saturday, October 20, 2007

My Little Ladybug

The deputy who did John's field training at work threw a Halloween party tonight. Everyone in the department was invited so we decided to go. We aren't Halloween people and we don't really LOVE hanging out with work people, but we figure that we won't ever make a difference for God unless we spend time with unsaved people. Also, we really have a lot of respect for the man who put on the party. He was very kind to John when he was learning the ropes of becoming a cop. We like to give back some of that support to him.

The parties this man throws are kid-friendly. He has 2 kids of his own so it's not a big drinking bash like most of the other cop functions we attend. Most of the people don't go to events like these where they know that the main event isn't getting hammered. I think that's pretty sad that you have to have a ton of booze to have fun. Anyways, only two of John's co-workers came and I felt wicked bad for the man who threw the party. Oh well, we still managed to make it a fun time!

We couldn't go to a Halloween party and not dress Brookie up! We decided about a month ago that we would attend this party so John had adamantely been saying that he wanted to dress Brooke as a ladybug. We searched far and wide for THE perfect ladybug costume. We saw a couple that weren't very dainty and we saw a couple that looked cheap. The other day we managed the find the most adorable ladybug costume you've ever seen. It's a little dress with these enormous wings sticking out of the back. Of course I accessorized her with a big black bow, black tights, and shiny black shoes. She was the hit of the party tonight. Nobody could believe how beautiful she was!

I was really sad that our camera was broken because I wasn't able to capture the cuteness. The other day when we were trying her costume on I got a cell phone picture that I'll post for you. She didn't have any of her cute accessories on in this picture and it's kind of fuzzy, but you'll be able to get the main idea of the costume. Fortunately we're dressing her up again on Halloween when we pass out candy so I will make sure I get lots of cute pictures.





Growing up, Halloween was totally OFF limits because my parents didn't agree with it. I have no convictions about dressing up my princess as a ladybug and showing her off. I will admit that it's weird to do something that you know you weren't brought up to do, but I'm the parent now and I have to make my own decision.

Well tomorrow's an early morning at church so off to bed I go!

1 comment:

rccalyn said...

Hey, Marissa is going to be a ladybug too! Can't wait to see the pictures! I hope breastfeeding is getting better...I might have missed it, but did you say if you tried pulling her closer into you? I heard at LLL meetings that they have to break the bite in order to breathe if you do that. That must be so frustrating though!