Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Aftermath

Wow, it looks like a cyclone went through my house this week! I was so busy with VBS that I was out of groceries, my floors hadn't been mopped in a couple of days, my furniture wasn't dusted, and I was slightly behind on laundry. I HATE that feeling of not being "caught up." Luckily today I was able to get back into the swing of things and I can truly sleep much better tonight knowing that things are in order.

This morning Brookie and I went to a couple of different grocery stores (to get the deals) and out to lunch. I came home and put her down for her nap and then gave my fridge and freezer a deep clean (by emptying them and scrubbing them with disinfectant) and then I organized all of the new groceries. I mopped, vacuumed, dusted, did laundry, deep-cleaned the bathroom, AND made cream cheese filled chocolate-chocolate chip muffins and cream cheese filled blueberry muffins for my Sunday School class tomorrow. I feel so relaxed now! I love working around my house!

So during VBS this week we had some ladies there (that happen to be sisters) who are fairly new to our church. They've come for a while but they've never really been super involved. This week they were HUGE helpers and we ended up hitting it off and becoming really good friends! My sister-in-law, Sarah (My DAWG), my sister, those two girls and I were sitting around the kitchen and I said, "Man, my house is a wreck this week." Sarah said, "When she says that, she means that she has a blanket on the floor." Alison chimed in and they started talking about how neurotic I am about my house. I seriously wasn't offended at all. I just laughed right along with them because I'll be the first to tell you that I let my house bug me too much. The one girl said that she pictured me to be like that about my house because I've got so much energy and never sit still. Anyways, later in the week the sisters came up to me and one of them said, "We really enjoyed spending time with you and we want to have you over to our houses and stuff, but we're worried that they won't be clean enough for you." I COULD HAVE FELL ON THE FLOOR! I feel so bad now! I may be a snob about my house, but certainly NOT about other people's. Honestly, I only care so, so much about my house because it's my job and my responsibility. I feel horrible now!!I never realized that I have that air about me that makes other people think ther houses have to be impeccably cleaned to be up to my standards. How embarrassing:-( I'll definitely work hard to fix that.

On another note, it's John night off tonight but he's working from 10-6 for some overtime thing because the money's super good. Ugh. I hate it but I know that he's just doing it for us. It's extra vacation money so I'm thinking happy thoughts! I just miss him so much.

Okay, I'm off to watch a movie... Alone:-( It should be a blast.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jillian,
I just have to tell you that your daughter is absolutely beautiful! I wish I could have spent more time with her. I love how she says "mess", it's adorable. You are doing such a wonderful job with her! And don't feel bad, I am the exact way with house cleaning, except I don't love it, I loathe it:) But, it needs to be done. My mom always said "A messy house equals a messy head." I live and breathe by it. I am also praying very hard for a day position for your husband. I know how hard it is to be away from your spouse. I hope you don't mind me commenting!
~Tammy

Tiff said...

Hey!
Just wanted to let you know that I got a new blog! the link is
http://tiffarmywife.blogspot.com
I thought I needed a new one. Anyways, hope to hear from you soon!