Tuesday, July 8, 2008

These Early Mornings Are KILLING Me!!!!!!!

Brooke has always, always been a late sleeper, throughout every stage of her life. Up until recently, I considered 7:30 to be a VERY early morning for us and now, I'm lucky if I get to sleep until 6:15. NOT fun.

The last several mornings Brooke has been waking up between 6:15 and 6:30. I've tried to bring her in with me and nurse her but she thinks it's all fun and games and just wants to get down and play. This morning was the worst morning yet... She woke up at 5:45 and would NOT go back to sleep. I wanted to cry! She nursed for a few minutes and then went to play around for a little bit... I sat and watched her, trying to keep my eyes opened. John finally came home from work at 7:20 and took her. I thought that he would just take her for juice or to get some breakfast with him, but the next time I opened my eyes it was 9:30!!! He let me sleep in:-) He changed her diaper, fed her breakfast, and played with her and I was elated to have some extra rest.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do to resolve this sleep problem. I know that Brooke is NOT getting the rest she needs because she's getting very fussy mid-morning. I'm going this afternoon to buy some room-darkening blinds, in hopes that they will help block the sunlight out. I'm also going to take my sister's advice and set a time that I think is acceptable to get Brooke out of her crib (maybe 7 at this point?) and not pick her up until that time. I'm thinking and hoping that if I let her cry she'll just learn to go back to sleep. A girl can dream, can't she? I can't keep walking around like a zombie and I'm sick of living in a constant state of exhuastion.

John has tonight and tomorrow night off!! HOWEVER, tonight he has to be at court at 7:30 so who knows when he'll be back and then tomorrow night he's working overtime at the county fair from 6:30-10:30. I can deal but I hate that he gets no reprieve from his crazy job. It's not good for him and I always worry about him when he gets no rest.

Speaking of rest, we're going to Florida at the end of August!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The actual dates are still tentative because John's sergeant hasn't officially approved John's time off, but at least we know that we're going! I don't want to wish the summer away but I want the end of August to be here NOW so I can get away.

I'm so excited.. I took Brooke to the park this afternoon and I made friends...Two other stay-at-home-moms with small kids (one had a 3 year old and a 3 month old, and the other had a 2 and 4 year old). I was there first and when they showed up they started talking to me and they made me feel so comfortable. They told me that they're at the park a lot so hopefully meet up again soon! I was so thrilled! At one point Brooke was trying to go down the slide and I was rushing to meet her at the bottom and the one lady ran over to hold her hand as she went down. I thought that was so nice! The live right around where I live and when they found out where I lived the one lady said how much she loved my house when it was for sale and she always thought how beautiful it was. I was so proud! So yeah, making friends for me is not always easy because I don't like to bug people, but I think I made a good connection with these ladies and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we meet up again.. And soon! It was so much fun having company at the park.

Alright, my girl's sleeping so it's time to do some work around the house.

No comments: