Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Snuggly Sunday

Brookie and I had such a wonderful afternoon today! It was a rainy, gloomy day so after her nap, we sat in the window seat in our family room with some of Brooke's favorite snacks and stared at the rain and sang songs. It was so much fun! I love rainy days, but this rainy day was extra special because I shared it with my precious baby. Occasionally she would look up at me and say "hug" and reach over to snuggle. Other times she would kiss me or smile at me and in that moment the world seemed like the perfect place. I love being a mommy, but today I was reminded of just how much.

I sing Brooke this song that my mom has always sang to me: "Rain, rain pitter patter, rain on my roof. Rain, rain, pitter patter, thank you God for rain!" Today she kept singing "rain, rain" (in perfect key, might I add) and then I would sing it to her. Every time I quit singing she would do the sign for "more" and she wouldn't stop until I broke out in song. Lol! That kid is hilarious!

John's off tomorrow night and Tuesday night. GLORY HALLELUJAH!!! I can't wait:-)

No comments: