Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Baby's First Haircut!!

Brooke has a full head of curly hair that is absolutely gorgeous. It was starting to get kind of long but I didn't want to cut it and risk losing the curl. I got conflicting reports about what trimming it would do... One lady said it would make it curl more and another said that it might make it straighten out. I just didn't know what to do! So anyways, last night, Tristyn (my friend who I hadn't seen since March) was over and we were talking about Brooke's hair, because she cuts hair and all of that stuff. I was telling her why I was so nervous to cut it and she suggested that we just take off the tips to help it grow better and fall more nicely. I told her that that was a great idea and she offered to just do it then and there for me. So, with much anxiety and skepticism, I let Tristyn cut Brooke's hair right there on my kitchen counter! It only took a few minutes and having Tristyn's almost 2-year-old baby, Hudson, there to talk to Brooke throughout the process made it easier. Brookie's hair looks GREAT and it now curls even more than it used to. It's just so pretty and I wish I had a picture to share. So yesterday, on Brooke's 17month birthday she had her very first haircut. I'll have to mark that one in the baby book!

In other Brooke news, she's been a SLEEPING machine lately. HOLY COW! Monday she took a 3 hour nap, yesterday she took a 4 hour nap, and today she took a 3 hour nap too. She's also been sleeping wicked late in the mornings. Tuesday she slept until 9:30 and today she slept until 10. What's with this kid? I'm definitely NOT complaining but I've never known her to need quite this much rest! I hardly know what to do with all of this free time!

John went back to work tonight:-( Ugh, I hate the night shift. I LOATH the fact that he has to work such crazy hours, but I'm very blessed to have such a hard working husband who does whatever it takes to pay the bills. Yes, I feel pretty special being his wife:-)

No comments: