Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Fun Day With Nathan!

We picked Nathan up this morning and took him, along with Brooke, to the park! We had such a fun time but there were SO many kids there that I think both babies were a bit overwhelmed. There were these older girls (like 4 or 5) who were hogging this one area and when Nathan went to play near there they said, "Umm, this is OUR space. We're blocking it off." Anyone who knows me knows that I strongly disagreed with them and we continued to play wherever we wanted. Lol! I think bully kids follow me or something? Really, though, these problems seem to stem from the fact that mothers do NOT watch their children. They just let them wander off and be rude to people. Anyways, that's another story for another day though!

After the park we took Nathan and Brooke to Wendy's for lunch because when we asked Nathan what we he wanted he said "Hamburger, please. Wendy's." That kid ate 3/4 of a cheeseburger and 2 chicken nuggets. HOLY COW!! Ya know what Brooke ate? Nothing. When we were done Nathan said, "Thank you lunch. Pizza now." HAHAHA!! That kid cracks me up.

Before we dropped Nathan back off to his mommy he said, "Thank you slides. Thank you swings. Thank you hamburger. Thank you Uncle John. Thank you AJ. Love you Brookie." It was precious! That kid is just too smart for his own good and the things that come out of his mouth have us cracking up all day. He also serenaded us for much of the day by singing us his sweet little songs. What a cutie!!

So, John and came home and put Brooke down for her nap and we've since been working in the yard and doing housework. It's been 2.5 hours so I'm expecting the princess to wake up any minute. She'll be well rested and I'm about ready to pass out! Ah, the life of a mother!

John's off tonight. I'm THRILLED!!! Last night we went to see the new Will Smith movie, Hancock, and it was wicked good. Everybody needs to go check it out. It was very interesting and funny, yet it made you think and it was emotional at the same time. Can you really go wrong with Will Smith, though?

1 comment:

Alison said...

You will never know how much I appreciated you taking Nathan today. It was so odd to be out in the world alone, but I really enjoyed my free time. That kid loves you guys so much and I have been getting full recaps of the day since he got back :)

Thanks again! You guys are the best! Love you :)