Thursday, July 24, 2008

Zapped

I think it's safe to say that VBS has taken a toll on my baby and me. I'm so tired and worn out from the week (although it's been a blast) and Brooke is SO out of sorts because of our routine being shaken up so much. Today was an extremely trying day and I don't remember the last time I felt so frazzled as a mama. Let me explain...

Brooke woke up at 9 this morning (and didn't nurse.. She didn't even ask) and I assumed that she would be well rested enough to be happy. She requested pancakes and I told her that she had to get dressed and have her diaper changed real quick and she bit me. I spanked her, explained to her that she can't bite mommy, and asked her to say sorry. On we went.

While making pancakes Brooke asked for juice and because I was in the middle of flipping the pancakes, I told her to wait and she bit me. I repeated the proper discipline procedures and Brooke screamed to voice her displeasure but I really thought that I got through to her.

As the day progressed, Brooke either bit or attempted to bite me at least 5 more times and she successfully bit Nathan's arm because she was mad at ME. I just don't understand why she's doing this all of a sudden and why she's not responding to discipline like usual.

I had to go up to church early to cook dinner for tonight and Brooke was a complete and total disaster. She refused to be put down and screamed every time I didn't give her what she wanted exactly when she wanted it. She was unable to be reckoned with and it was really, really difficult for me to make her happy, let alone cook dinner for 75 people. I feel so bad (still to this moment) because when John showed up (around 5) I totally off-loaded our screaming child onto him and cried for a few minutes, due to being totally overwhelmed. Brooke's grandmas arrived shortly after John and I enlisted their help too, which I still feel bad about. I love taking care of my baby but today I was so out of sorts.

Maybe Brooke's just tired? Maybe she doesn't feel like she's getting enough attention because I've been so busy? Maybe she doesn't like having so many people around all the time? Maybe she doesn't feel well or is getting new teeth? Maybe she's sick of being out of the house every night? Maybe she hate the disruption of her routine? Maybe I'm just a horrible mom? I just don't know but something's gotta give! I hate seeing my baby so miserable and grumpy:-(

No comments: