Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Just Enjoying Life

We had a really great night tonight! I love being with my little family so much. Seriously, nothing makes me happier!

Our night started with a really good dinner (if I can brag!), which was chicken enchiladas. It was Ali's recipe but I revamped it (because that's just what I do) by doing it just a little bit differently than she does. I mixed together shredded chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, Colby/Jack cheese and garlic and rolled it up in flour tortillas. I topped it all off with a sour cream sauce I made and LOTS of cheese. Not so good for the waistline, but man, they were wicked good and I was so proud. Brooke even liked them:-) I made Mexican rice and a tomato-cucumber salad to accompany it and it was perfect!

After dinner we walked to the park at the elementary school that's right down the road from us. I was really fun but because it's a school, there weren't baby swings, which stunk. It was hilarious because all Brookie wanted to do was play with the rocks anyways, so it worked out all good. John and I had so much fun swinging, sliding, and playing together that I felt like a kid again. We laughed so hard and had an amazingly good time. There was this map of the US that's painted on the sidewalk so John and I each threw a ball and we decided that we would move to whatever state it happened to land. I threw mine on Texas (which is where I lived for the first ten years of my life) and John threw his on Alaska (which is where he lived as a child). Weird, huh? So, anyways, we fantasized about how cool it would be to pack up our life and take the huge adventure of moving away and creating a new life. Then we said, "Nah" and headed home. Lol

Because I wouldn't allow dumb, annoying Chipper to come to the park we then of course had to take him for a walk when we got home. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but I wanted to focus on my baby and husband, and NOT chasing some smelly creature around. We ended up going for a really long walk and we were able to talk about some things that were on my mind and laugh a lot also. I enjoyed that walk so much!

We came home and watched all of our favorite TV shows while working on our puzzle after putting our princess to bed. I don't think that I could have asked for a more perfect night with my family. I love my life!

John has tomorrow night and Thursday night off. HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

No comments: