Thursday, July 10, 2008

"It's Okay!"

Today Brooke and I were playing with Chipper and he began to whimper or something. She started patting him gently and saying, "It's okay!" It took me a few minutes to figure out what she was saying but after a minute John and I both caught on. How precious is that? The more and more I think about it, whenever she gets hurt or upset I rub her gently and say, "It's okay," in the same compassionate voice that she used to reassure Chipper. I think we have one heck of a future mommy on our hands! She's learning the ropes pretty early on!

Brooke has never been a snuggler but over these last couple of days she's been coming up to me for hugs and kisses and I feel like a million bucks every time she wants some loving from her mama! Mixed right in with her sweetness has been A LOT of not-so-good things unfortunately:-( I'm learning that she is VERY willful and she will stop at nothing to get her way... Hitting, biting, not breathing, screaming, throwing herself on the ground, and repeating "NO!" over and over again. We give spankings and make eye contact with her and verbally tell her that her behavior is not acceptable, but sometimes I wonder if it gets through to her little head. I think she's Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde because there are so many facets of Brooke and they are on one end of the spectrum or other. She's always on this emotional roller coaster!

Alrighty, it's time for me to get some rest. Morning comes quickly in this house lately. John went back to work tonight so it's gonna be a lonely night:-( I say this every week, but the first night back is always the worst...

No comments: