Thursday, July 3, 2008

My Little Firecracker

Ever since the first summer John and I started dating (5 years ago) we've gone to the fireworks in his home town with his family to celebrate the 4Th of July. Despite the fireworks being WAY past Brookie's bedtime and my many reservations I had about going, we went. I was reluctant because I thought the night would be a total TRAIN WRECK, however, I seriously couldn't have asked for a nicer time!

We got the the fireworks around 8:45 and they didn't start until an hour later. To pass the time, Brooke went around eating all kinds of fun snacks and visiting all of her relatives. She was so happy! Finally, the fireworks started and I just knew that she would be too afraid to enjoy them. To my complete shock, Brooke cackled and laughed hysterically at the first firecracker and she continued to do that for the entire night. In between firecrackers she would do the sign for "more" and get very impatient. It was absolutely precious.

I don't think I saw many fireworks today.... I saw something much more wonderful- The glimmer in my girl's eyes as she took it all in and I was the happiest woman in the world.

No comments: